Easy Forms for Mailchimp version 6.4 is a major release, containing new features and saying goodbye to old ones.
Here is a rundown of changes in Easy Forms for Mailchimp version 6.4
- Gutenberg support – “Gutenberg” is the name of the project to create a new editor experience for WordPress, coming out this year in WordPress 5. We added the beginnings of Gutenberg support to the plugin to simplify adding a Mailchimp form block to a page. As Gutenberg evolves, our integration with it will, too.
- Version 3.0 of the Mailchimp API – When we migrated to Version 3.0 of the Mailchimp API last year, there were still a few functions in our plugin not yet supported by the 3.0 API. Since then, nearly all of the functionality provided by our plugin exists in the 3.0 API. With this release, all functionality is on version 3.0 of the Mailchimp API, and 2.0 is no longer supported. A couple non-essential items have been removed from the plugin which are listed below.
- Integrations – You can now sign up opt-in checkbox integrations (i.e. Comments, User Registration, Contact Form 7, WooCommerce, etc.) to multiple lists and interest groups at a time.
- Custom Messages – We added the ability to customize the update profile email message.
- Deprecated Mailchimp 2.0 API items – There are a few things not supported by the Mailchimp 3.0 API that we removed from the plugin:
- ChimpChatter Dashboard widget – Users let us know this wasn’t very useful anyway.
- The Account Overview Page – Emails left, Account Active indicator, and the Affiliate link box were no longer supported, so we moved the remaining items to the “Mailing Lists” page. This streamlines all of your account information to one page.
- The Welcome Screen – This wasn’t very useful and was difficult to maintain.
We hope you enjoy this new version of the plugin! Soon we will be adding GPDR support to our EU Compliance Add-on. Stay tuned!